Breakfast with Alessandra Ambrosio? Yes, please :)
Breakfast is a time for thoughts to wander, for dreams and hypothetical scenarios of how amazing the day ahead will be, so every month brakfast.com will have a dream guest with whom to share breakfast with. We don’t like soft openings so we’re going to start with one dazzling dream breakfast guest: The beautiful Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio.
Alessandra (yes, we’re on first name basis now) would appreciate an authentic recipe from her home country, so Broa de Fubá is in order. What is Broa de Fubá you ask? The closest US dish it can be compared to is cornbread, but a much richer, sweeter version of it with a South American attitude. Broa de Fubá is a traditional Brazilian recipe, usually served for breakfast or tea-time. It can be quickly made in the morning as all the ingredients simply need to be thrown in a blender, so no particular neuro-challenging skill is necessary.
The setting of the table would be colourful and summery, to evoke the Brazilian spirit and distract Alessandra from the fact that a non-Brazilian has attempted to make this staple dish from her country. It would be served with hot tea and fresh pineapple juice.
The Ingredients you will need are:
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter - room temperature
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 395°F. Grease and dust with cornflour a 9 x 13 inches baking pan.
- Here comes the difficult part, pour all the ingredients together in a large bowl and mix on medium
- speed until the batter is smooth and well blended. Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for
- 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. While this yummy cake is baking and filling the kitchen with
- a delicious and sweet smell of corn, blast a little bossa nova while you make some fresh pineapple
- juice and prepare the tea. Alessandra will appreciate very much as it is her favorite kind of music.
Cut the Broa de Fubá into slices or squares and serve warm while chatting with Alessandra about When and where the next vacation together should be:)